Outdoor barstools are coming in a great variety than ever before. However, with overwhelming range of barstools, there are certain things to keep in mind while buying the best outdoor barstools since they are usually diverse in nature and range from classic style to most contemporary ones. The same is in terms of prices, quality and material used. Following are these things:
- Since the barstools would be outside they should be able to resist the weather elements. In the summer season, it rains quite a lot of time and unless you need to be continuously moving the barstools inside every time it rains you need to determine the good one that repels the weather conditions.
- If you are intended to entertain outdoors it is the concern that you find the most ideal barstools in terms of comfort. There are barstools that are fitted with cushions and padding, keeping you happy and relaxed for a long period of time. The stool must also have a high back, enabling the people to relax and sit back.
- A great means to liven up the backyard is to find a fun and colorful outdoor barstool making you and the guests want to sit there and enjoy the weather and conversation.
- If you are buying wooden barstools for the outdoor bar, it is to be kept in mind that they have some kind of protective coating enabling them to bear sun, heat, rain and wind.
- This is also to be kept in mind that bar stools would be placed outside all the day and hence they would heat up. Hence, when purchasing metal ones, buy some kind of upholstery or cushion fixed stools.
- It is important and preferred that you match the outdoor barstools with the interior theme since it will create cohesiveness in terms of designing that will be more appealing to eyes.
When it comes to outdoor patio furniture, an outdoor barstool is one of the items that can’t be ignored. This is because it beautifully complements the entire furniture and delivers a sophisticated and elegant look. However, many people mistakenly buy outdoor barstool without examining certain factors before they make purchase. The random purchase of barstool will not just be expensive but will also be uncomfortable for you and your guests. Hence, in this article, we will help you determining those buying factors.
You should measure from the base to the bottom of the counter surface. Minus around 10 inches then to examine the optimal seat height. Counter heights usually fall under the range of 23 to 27 inches. Counter height bar stools are used for a counter height bar, which is almost 36 inches tall. The bar height is generally under 28 to 32 inches height. Bar height stools are used for the tables that have 41 to 43 inch height. In addition, spectator or stadium height lies in between 33 and 36 inches. These barstools are combined with tables having height of 44 to 47 inches.
Generally, the outdoor barstool is available in 15, 17 and 21 inch seat diameter. But, the stools having arms might have a broader footprint and should be considered in the measurements you are taking. Measure the width of bar space and account for 6 inches in between every stool for movement. This would also facilitate you determining the number of stools needed.
Barstools come with or without armrests, seat back, and are swivel or non swivel, and stationary or adjustable. A minimum arm clearance of 1 and a half inches is recommended for all barstools.
The style can be commercial or residential and modern ort traditional. With a lot of options, you can determine the style that suits the space you have in the most effective way.